Juicer is like CSSEmbed on, uh, steroids. Worth checking out for anything more than the smallest of projects.
- figure out which files depend on each other and merge them together, reducing the number of http requests per page view, thus improving performance
- use YUI Compressor or Google Closure Compiler to compress code, thus improving performance
- cycle asset hosts in CSS files
- add “cache busters” to URLs in CSS files
- recalculate relative URLs in CSS files, as well as convert them to absolute (or convert absolute URLs to relative URLs)
- embed images into stylesheets using data-uris